bizHive Terms and Conditions of Use
By signing up for the BizHive service (“Service”) or any of the services of Bzzhive LLC (“BizHive”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. BizHive reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the BizHive website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your legal name, current address, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the account signup process.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. BizHive cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- You may not use the BizHive service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of the US and its states.
- You are responsible for all activity and content (data, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your BizHive account.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Account Terms as determined in the sole discretion of BizHive will result in an immediate termination of your services.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- BizHive does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- BizHive does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- You understand that your Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- BizHive does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the
Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that BizHive shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall BizHive or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, BizHive partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by BizHive.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any BizHive customer, BizHive employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the BizHive service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your BizHive account information at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have VDBd on the Service.
- By uploading images and item description content to BizHive.com, you agree to allow other internet users to view them and you agree to allow BizHive to display and VDB them and you agree that BizHive can, at any time, review all the content submitted by you to its Service.
- The failure of BizHive to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and BizHive and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and BizHive (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a BizHive VDB however, by making your VDB public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
- BizHive does not pre-screen Content and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support@BizHive.com.
bzzMart Listing or Virtual Display Booth:
- You may establish the appearance of your BizHive Virtual Display Booth with a Theme from BizHive’s Virtual Display Booth (“VDB”). If you download a Theme, you are licensed to use it for a single VDB only. You are free to transfer a Theme to a second one of your own VDB if you close your first VDB. You are not permitted to transfer or sell a Theme to any other person’s VDB on BizHive or elsewhere. Multiple VDBs require multiple downloads, paying the price each time. BizHive gives no assurance that a particular Theme will remain available for additional downloads.
- You may modify the Theme to suit your VDB. BizHive may add or modify the footer that refers to BizHive at its discretion. BizHive may modify the Theme where it contains, in our sole discretion, an element that may be unlawful, offensive, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, or that violates any person’s intellectual property, even if you received the Theme in that condition. BizHive may modify the Theme to reflect technical changes and updates as required.
Payment of Fees:
- A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
- The service will be billed in 30 day intervals. When your billing period is over BizHive users will be sent an invoice via email. As well, an invoice will appear on the account page of your BizHive administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
- All fees are exclusive of all federal, provincial, state or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”). If you are a resident of Illinois , you are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to a Plan. These Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the billing address you provided to us. Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Plan and will be billed to your credit card. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- BizHive does not provide refunds.
Cancellation and Termination:
- You may cancel your account at anytime by emailing support@bizHive.com
- Once your account is cancelled all of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
- If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the BizHive service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, BizHive may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
Modifications to the Service and Prices:
- Prices for using BizHive are subject to change upon 14 days notice from BizHive. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the BizHive Site (bizHive.com) or the administration menu of your BizHive VDB via an announcement.
- BizHive reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- BizHive shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- BizHive may provide you with access to third party tools over which BizHive neither monitors nor has any control or input.
- You acknowledge and agree that BizHive provides access to such tools ‘as is’ without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. BizHive shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).
What Information Do We Gather?
Information we automatically collect via industry standard web log files includes the URL from which you visited, the page you are visiting, your computer browser information and your IP address. We may also use automatic data collection devices such as “cookies” and “clear GIFs” (also known as “pixel tags” or “beacons”).
Cookies contain specific pieces of information on your computer hard drive, and can be set to store information during a visit or for a longer period of time. Cookies are also used to help streamline your experience on the site, automatically logging you in during future visits, for example. You are free to disable cookies at any time if your browser permits. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features of our site. If you are unable to submit a Request for Information, schedule an appointment, engage in live chat, or other bizHive site features while having cookies disabled, please contact our Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a web site or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the web site, whether you opened an email message or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message. We do not collect personally identifiable information in this way, but if you provide us with personally identifiable information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
We use local storage objects (LSOs) to store content information in order to embed videos on our website and to track usage of our videos.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html .
As a prospective buyer connecting to offerings on our site (such as our Request for Information service) to receive information from or about sellers, you are required to provide additional information so bizHive can deliver these services to you. This includes contact information, basic demographic information, and your purchasing requirements. The information collected varies according to the different purchasing categories and can be viewed by visiting the different forms located throughout our site. We may also ask you for feedback about our service, which is collected and stored to allow us to continually improve our offerings.
As a supplier using offerings on our site (such as our Request for Quotes service to receive information from or about prospective buyers), you must provide information that allows us to deliver our service to you. This includes your contact information, information about your desired target markets, and billing information.
We also require you to provide certain information when you request our newsletters, sample lead service or other content or submit information for posting on public areas of this site (e.g., blogs, moderated discussions or bulletin boards).
Additionally, we may request that you provide demographic information. The specific information requested varies according to the different types of content you may request.
Some of the materials included on this site, including advertising, may be served by third parties. These third parties, in the course of serving such materials, may collect information regarding your use of this site and how you respond to e-mail communications, using methods that may include automatic data collection, and may use this information in order to present advertisements or other content that may be of interest to you on both this site and other web sites. Collection, use, disclosure and security of information collected by third parties are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having this information used by certain third-party ad servers to provide targeted ads, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
How Do We Use Your Information?
bizHive uses the information we gather to put buyers and sellers into contact with one another, to provide other features and functionality of this site, to improve your experience on our site through analysis and communication, for other purposes described in this policy, and for purposes disclosed to you when you provide information.
We are providing connections.
Buyers or suppliers may receive emails and other communications from us to fulfill or facilitate the purpose for which the information was provided or a request to use a product or service presented on this site. You cannot opt out of emails that are necessary to provide our services. By using bizHive’s services offered on this site, you agree that we may use your personally identifiable information to contact you and deliver information to you related to those services.
We are providing a better user experience.
In our ongoing effort to make our user experience valuable, we study the data we receive to identify trends and patterns in user behavior. Your personally identifiable information, when used in such a manner, is aggregated with others to amass enough data for such analysis and is not personally identifiable.
We provide frequent testimonials and feedback.
We sincerely appreciate the feedback we receive from our users. Your feedback, both positive and negative, is forwarded to the appropriate departments at bizHive as necessary so we can continue to monitor and improve the service we provide. We may also share testimonials in our marketing literature but will do so without including personally identifiable information unless we have expressly received your permission to do so. If you would like your testimonial removed, please contact us here.
We provide an ever-expanding stream of knowledge.
bizHive offers valuable content through a variety of channels, like our “Thrive in 5” e-mail newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive any newsletter, we encourage you to opt out of these communications by changing your notification preferences as described below. bizHive may send you email and other communications related to this site, your use of our services and the status of your account, which may include site updates and responses to your inquiries. In addition, bizHive sends periodic surveys and other communications, all of which you can opt out of receiving by changing your notification preferences as described below.
We help our Sponsors help you.
How Do We Share Your Information With Others?
The information we gather from you is always intended to help you, and is an important part of our value proposition to you. As a result, we only disclose this information as described in this section. Our sharing of information to outside parties is described below. As part of our service to our users, we provide information to Sponsors so that they can respond directly to you.
To facilitate our business of connecting Small Business buyers with resource sellers, prospective buyers using our services will be provided information about offerings relevant to the buyer’s request or inquiry using such services. This includes resource seller contact information, company background information and, where appropriate, ratings or reviews.
Similarly, suppliers whose products or services are relevant to a prospective buyer’s request, and/or marketers, resellers and other service providers performing marketing, fulfillment and/or similar services on behalf of such suppliers with respect to the prospective buyer’s request, may be provided with that prospective buyer’s information. In addition, our Sponsors may receive information about buyers in a manner that does not disclose personally identifiable information. Examples include data that are aggregated across a group of buyers or feedback that is provided without attribution to a specific person or company.
From time to time, we may use the services of third-party companies to help facilitate our business activities. These include bill collection services, affiliate or incentive program providers, customer service organizations, e-mail and postal mail brokers, and marketing service providers. These companies are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and are prohibited from using the information we provide for any reason except to perform the functions that bizHive has outlined for them.
bizHive has relationships with third parties to provide our services more broadly throughout the Internet to both buyers and suppliers. When a user has utilized these services through a member of our network, we will share information about these users with the affiliate as necessary. This information is typically reported in an aggregated format.
We may provide your information to third party advertisers (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep your personally identifiable information confidential and use it only to market and provide (directly and through third parties engaged by them for such purpose) their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to bizKeepers@bizhive.com with the subject line: “do not disclose.” We also aggregate information about our collective users for potential advertisers who are interested in understanding whether their offering would be suitable to our audience. This information does not include personally identifiable information like your company name or email address.
bizHive is interested in protecting its members and the community at large. We will release account and other personally identifiable information to legal authorities when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, rules or regulations or to protect persons or property. In addition, bizHive may choose to release information about you to relevant parties in relation to investigations of fraud, piracy or other unlawful activity.
Your information is stored on servers that are protected against unauthorized access through the use of safeguards such as “firewalls,” encryption and Secure Socket Layers. We utilize many security techniques to protect your personally identifiable information. However, it is impossible to guarantee a perfect security system.
Account Information and Preferences
bizHive provides a number of ways for you to manage your personally identifiable information.
If you need to update or delete your account information, such as your contact email address, you may do so by contacting our Customer Care department at bizKeepers@bizhive.com.
You have the ability to “opt out” or unsubscribe from certain e-mail communications, such as periodic surveys and our monthly email newsletter, that are not related to a requested service and/or the status of your account. To update your communication preferences, contact our Customer Care department at bizKeepers@bizhive.com. If you do contact the Customer Care department, please be sure to specify the type of email communication(s) from which you would like to opt out. Information about how to unsubscribe is also included in every communication we send.
bizHive suppliers may be issued a User ID and password to access their account. As a supplier, you are responsible for all actions taken with your user ID and password, including fees charged to your account. Do not share your password with any third parties, as you may be legally liable for any fees that are incurred. If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password or contact Customer Care at bizKeepers@bizhive.com.
We will retain your information to continue to offer you products and services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel or request that we no longer use your information this way. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If it is discovered that we have collected personally identifiable information from someone under 13 we will delete that information immediately. Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use bizHive’s services.
bizHive Community Participation
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs, articles, reviews & forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our community connections, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Notification of Change
Your California Privacy Rights
We will provide individuals who are California residents a description of the categories of personal customer information bizHive shares with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. We will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like this information, please submit a written request to bizKeepers@bizhive.com or to bizHive at the mailing address below. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you have any additional questions or comments about bizHive’s privacy statement, please contact us:
902 South Randall Road, Suite C309
Saint Charles, IL 60174
- bizHive may provide you with access to third party tools over which bizHive neither monitors nor has any control or input.
- You acknowledge and agree that bizHive provides access to such tools ‘as is’ without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. bizHive shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).